Thursday, December 1, 2011

Turquoise-tastic

Wash my face, brush my teeth, daily dose of caffeine, get dressed, check Apartment Therapy. That is pretty much my morning routine. One of my favorite features is their House Tours series, and today I found a great article on color. A couple in Tennessee transformed their home into a Crayola-worthy color explosion. Personally, I love bright colors (the name of this blog is Neon Love!) but I have always erred on the cautious side when it comes to interior decorating. I contemplate painting a wall in my apartment gray and I think that's bold. However, the way this home is decorated shows that color (even bright ones) can be tastefully applied to your home. What it comes down to is coordinating your colors and sticking to one or two key elements. I love how they paired red seat cushions with the turquoise walls in their kitchen. The fashion world has embraced mixing prints, so interior design should start stepping away from 'bold accents' and maybe start embracing a little more color. I think it's time to bury the beige! Now, to choose a color for my accent wall. Any suggestions?

Image via Apartment Therapy

No comments:

Post a Comment