Thursday, December 1, 2011

Album Review: Summer Camp Welcome to Condale


I think I was introduced to the glory that is Summer Camp through one of those free mixes Urban Outfitters puts out.  They have really grown on me, as I'm a sucker for the upbeat, dreamy sound they create-or "chillwave" as they have been described. I was craving new music from them after only having a few songs from their 2010 EP, Young

The duo that is Summer Camp consists of Elizabeth Sankey and Jeremy Warmsley. They have a unique sound, many of their songs are peppered with iconic 80's film references. Perhaps this is why I like them so much. The name summer camp itself brings on a wave of memories, sometimes this band feels so familiar that it's hard to believe they have only been around for a couple of years. 

Welcome to Condale was released this November and picks up right where Young left off. 

One of my favorite songs on the album is where Sankey and Warmsely duet. Losing my Mind has the two bandmates going back and forth, each voice adding another rich layer to the dreamy melody.

I have yet to hear the bonus tracks of Condale, but I'm sure they are nothing short of amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment